Published Year: 2017 – Pages: 322 – File Size: 6.23 MB
“1-2-3 Magic” helps parents discipline their 2 to 12 year olds. The book by Thomas W. Phelan offers simple but effective ways to handle problematic behavior and strengthen family connections. For parents seeking serenity and happiness, it’s a must-read, with over 1.8 million copies sold.
Summary of 1-2-3 Magic: 3-Step Discipline for Calm, Effective, and Happy Parenting
“1-2-3 Magic” by Thomas Phelan teaches parents a three-step disciplining strategy. Document highlights:
- The book suggests counting to three before punishing youngsters, giving them a chance to change.
- Parents evaluate their children’s behavior in the “Observe” step.
- In the second phase, parents count to three to give their kids a chance to behave.
- The third step is “Consequence,” when parents impose a planned punishment if their children don’t behave by three.
- The book addresses tantrums, fighting, and sibling rivalry.
- Disciplining youngsters requires calmness, according to the author.
- The book proposes using praise and discipline to promote excellent conduct.
- The punishment method can be utilized with children of all ages, but the author suggests using it with two-to-12-year-olds.
- The author also advises adapting the technique for public use or several youngsters.
- The book also addresses significant behavioral concerns like lying, stealing, and aggressiveness.
- Lastly, the author stresses that the 1-2-3 Magic technique is a tool to help parents set boundaries and expectations for their children, not a panacea for parenting issues.
“1-2-3 Magic” offers a simple, effective disciplinary method for children of all ages.