Read and download Plant Biotechnology and Genetics at PDFRat.com in PDF format. It’s available here for free.
Plant Biotechnology and Genetics PDF Download Details
Plant Biotechnology and Genetics – Principles, Techniques, and Applications PDF download free link is available in this article. Below, you may read this book’s summary to understand the basic concept. Furthermore, using the Download PDF link, you can get Plant Biotechnology and Genetics in PDF edition at our free book library website, PDFRat. You can even read PDF books online at our website.
Apart from this ebook, you will also find other relevant categories of books in our library in PDF format. We would like you to read those related ebooks as well.
Free PDF Books Download Information
- PDF Name: Plant Biotechnology and Genetics
- Editor: C. Neal Stewart, Jr.
- Book’s Language: English
- Published Year: 2008
- Pages: 416
- File Size: 7.69 MB
- Downloads Type: Free PDF Download Books
- PDF File Name: Plant-Biotechnology-and-Genetics-Principles-Techniques-PDFRat-.pdf
- Read PDF Online: Read Plant Biotechnology and Genetics Book PDF Online
- Category of the Book: Lifestyle
- File Information: This PDF Free Download, Read Online and Print at PDFRat.com.
- For this Book: This Free PDF Book/File Plant Biotechnology and Genetics, is ready to read. Kindly share this book with all your friends and book lovers.
Summary of Plant Biotechnology and Genetics
“Plant Biotechnology and Genetics: Principles & Techniques” Key Points:
- “Plant Biotechnology and Genetics: Principles & Techniques” covers plant biotechnology and genetics principles and methods.
- The publication includes genetic engineering, molecular markers, plant tissue culture, and gene transfer methods.
- The document emphasizes plant biotechnology in agriculture and food production. Genetic engineering and biotechnology can boost agricultural output, nutritional value, and disease resistance.
- The document examines recombinant DNA technology, gene editing (e.g., CRISPR/Cas9), and RNA interference (RNAi) in plant biotechnology.
- It discusses the development of genetically modified (GM) crops with herbicide tolerance, insect resistance, and higher nutritional value using plant biotechnology.
- Plant tissue culture, a crucial biotechnology technique, is discussed. It covers explant selection, media formulation, callus induction, somatic embryogenesis, and tissue culture-based plant regeneration.
- Plant genetics and breeding use molecular markers. It covers molecular markers, PCR, DNA sequencing, genetic mapping, marker-assisted selection (MAS), and genotyping.
- Agrobacterium-mediated transformation, biolistics (gene gun), microinjection, and electroporation are discussed. Each technique’s pros, cons, and uses are addressed.
- The document examines ethical, social, and regulatory issues related to plant biotechnology, including intellectual property rights, biosafety laws, and public perception of GMOs.
- It uses research and industry case studies to demonstrate plant biotechnology and genetics applications.
- The document finishes with a summary of present plant biotechnology issues and future prospects, highlighting the need for continuous research and innovation to address global food security and sustainable agriculture.
DMCA & Copyright: This PDF file’s copyrights ARE NOT our property. This book/file, Plant Biotechnology and Genetics PDF Free Download, must be widely available on multiple public domains and in fair use format for free download. This Plant Biotechnology and Genetics ebook/file is only for educational purposes for the user, viewer, or reader. Email us at email@example.com if you want this PDF file or book taken down or if it violates the copyright, and we’ll take it down within 24 working hours.