Read and download The Gnostic Bible at PDFRat.com in PDF format. It’s available here for free.
The Gnostic Bible PDF Download Details
The Gnostic Bible PDF download free link is available in this article. Below, you may read this book’s summary to understand the basic concept. Furthermore, using the Download PDF link, you can get The Gnostic Bible PDF Online at our free book library website, PDFRat. You can even read PDF books online at our website.
Apart from this ebook, you will also find other relevant categories of books in our library in PDF format. We would like you to read those related ebooks as well.
Free PDF Books Download Information
- PDF Name: The Gnostic Bible
- Editor: Willis Barnstone and Marvin Meyer
- Book’s Language: English
- Published Year: 2003
- Pages: 871
- File Size: 11.7 MB
- Downloads Type: Free PDF Download Books
- PDF File Name: The-Gnostic-Bible.pdf
- Read PDF Online: Read The Gnostic Bible Book PDF Online
- Category of the Book: Philosophy & Religion
- File Information: This PDF Free Download, Read Online and Print at PDFRat.com.
- For this Book: This Free PDF Book/File The Gnostic Bible, is ready to read. Kindly share this book with all your friends and book lovers.
Summary of The Gnostic Bible
Mainstream Christianity regarded “The Gnostic Bible” heretical. Key document points:
- Early Gnostic Christians wrote the Gnostic Bible, believing that spiritual experience could lead to secret knowledge or gnosis.
- Gnostic Bible writings were found in Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in the 20th century.
- The Gnostic Bible questions the Christian view of God as omniscient and omnipotent.
- Gnostic literature generally represent God as a multidimensional entity with male and feminine elements, rejecting the idea of a one, all-powerful God.
- The Gospel of Thomas, an apocryphal gospel in the Gnostic Bible, contains Jesus’s unrecorded sayings.
- The Secret Book of John, Gospel of Philip, and Apocalypse of Peter are further Gnostic Bible writings.
- Gnostic texts prioritize personal experience and inner understanding over religious authorities and institutions.
- Complex cosmologies and myths explain the universe, humanity, and the divinity in the scriptures.
- New Age and esoteric traditions have been influenced by Gnostic literature, even if mainstream Christianity rejects them.
The Gnostic Bible provides a fascinating window into a heretical ancient spiritual tradition that has left an indelible mark on Western religion.
DMCA & Copyright: This PDF file’s copyrights ARE NOT our property. This book/file, The Gnostic Bible PDF Free Download, must be widely available on multiple public domains and in fair use format for free download. This The Gnostic Bible ebook/file is only for educational purposes for the user, viewer, or reader. Email us at email@example.com if you want this PDF file or book taken down or if it violates the copyright, and we’ll take it down within 24 working hours.