Read and download The Primacy of the Political at PDFRat.com in PDF format. It’s available here for free.
The Primacy of the Political PDF Download Details
The Primacy of the Political A History of Political Thought from the Greeks to the French and American Revolutions PDF download free link is available in this article. Below, you may read this book’s summary to understand the basic concept. Furthermore, using the Download PDF link, you can get The Primacy of the Political in PDF edition at our free book library website, PDFRat. You can even read PDF books online at our website.
Apart from this ebook, you will also find other relevant categories of books in our library in PDF format. We would like you to read those related ebooks as well.
Free PDF Books Download Information
- PDF Name: The Primacy of the Political
- Author: Dick Howard
- Book’s Language: English
- Published Year: 2010
- Pages: 417
- File Size: 1.86 MB
- Downloads Type: Free PDF Download Books
- PDF File Name: The-Primacy-of-the-Political-A-History-of-Political-Thought-from-the-Greeks-to-the-French-and-American-Revolutions-Columbia-Studies-in-Political-Thought-PDFRat-.pdf
- Read PDF Online: Read The Primacy of the Political Book PDF Online
- Category of the Book: Politics & Laws
- File Information: This PDF Free Download, Read Online and Print at PDFRat.com.
- For this Book: This Free PDF Book/File The Primacy of the Political, is ready to read. Kindly share this book with all your friends and book lovers.
Summary of The Primacy of the Political by Dick Howard
“The Primacy of the Political: A History of Political Thought from the Greeks to the French and American Revolutions” highlights.
- Overview: “The Primacy of the Political” chronicles political thinking from ancient Greek philosophers to the French and American revolutions.
- Scope: The book analyzes the development and evolution of political thinking through a wide spectrum of prominent philosophers and ideas.
- Greek Political Thought: Ancient Greek philosophers like Plato and Aristotle contributed to our knowledge of democracy, justice, and the ideal state.
- Roman Political Thought: The book examines Cicero and Seneca’s views on governance, law, and the state.
- Medieval Political thinking: It explores medieval political thinking, especially the concepts of St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas on church-state ties.
- Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau on social contract, rights, and authority.
- French Revolution: The book discusses political philosophy before and throughout the French Revolution, including Robespierre and Montesquieu, popular sovereignty, equality, and republicanism.
- American Revolution: It studies natural rights, constitutionalism, and limited government in Thomas Paine, James Madison, and Thomas Jefferson.
- Comparative Analysis: The author compares thinkers and their ideas throughout the document, stressing similarities, variations, and the influence of past political philosophy on later developments.
- Contemporary Relevance: The book finishes by underlining the need of knowing political thought’s origins and evolution.
DMCA & Copyright: This PDF file’s copyrights ARE NOT our property. This book/file, The Primacy of the Political PDF Free Download, must be widely available on multiple public domains and in fair use format for free download. This The Primacy of the Political ebook/file is only for educational purposes for the user, viewer, or reader. Email us at email@example.com if you want this PDF file or book taken down or if it violates the copyright, and we’ll take it down within 24 working hours.